The Rolfing Touch
Rolfing is experienced as a very individual process based on the history of injuries and chronic tension patterns of each person. Sensations can range from light to deep, from pleasurable to intensely mind-body altering. However, most clients experience a slow, steady pressure followed by a feeling of release and lightness. The relationship between Rolfer and client determines the depth and speed the tissue requires to stay at ease and present for change.
People of all ages seek our Rolfing for various reasons:
Limited mobility, chronic pain issues such as TMJD, headaches, whiplash, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, rotator cuff injury, lower back pain, scoliosis, knee problems, plantar fascitis or many other challenges resulting from injury. Some look for an improved athletic or artistic performance, often dealing with repetitive stress injuries from the intensity and duration of practice. Others want better posture or the Rolfing “experience” of lightness, flexibility, and personal growth that comes with being brought into alignment with gravity.
Our patients typically begin to experience a number of the following benefits within just 3 to 8 sessions!
- Relief from chronic pain
- Moving with ease and less effort increases energy
- Improved flexibility, balance and alignment
- Increased body awareness and recognition of different choices of movement
- Less prone to injury
- Increased breathing capacity
- Increased capacity to deal with stress and recognize its physical signs
- Psychological and emotional evolution and growth